Flavored ones treated different?

Not everyone sees the eCig revolution as a positive trend. Many states are quite hostile to the electronic cigarette industry and have imposed bans or over-reaching laws. Do you know of a ban in your state or country? Discuss it here.
Jessi

Flavored ones treated different?

Postby Jessi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:30 am

When I have read about e-cigarette concerns before, one of the biggest one is about kids being exposed to them. Kids are exposed to regular cigarettes just the same, so I have no idea how this makes a difference.

But what about flavored ones? Do you think they should be treated just like regular e-cigs and cigarettes in general? Or should they have stricter bans because they may be more appealing to kids?

Bloom

Re: Flavored ones treated different?

Postby Bloom » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:56 am

Never forget that nicotine is a dangerous poison. Nicotine is not to be played around with. The difference between smoking and vaping is that children usually can't smoke a full cigarette and they would never eat one. With e-liquid, a kid could easily drink a bottle and get really sick or die. This is a big concern. If you have children or pets, keep your e-cigarette supplies locked up.

Kina

Postby Kina » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Vaping around kids is not really a concern of mine. But the liquids can be. They small and taste sweet. The liquids I buy have a semi child proof cap on them so it is a little safer, but the best way to keep them out of the reach of children it to KEEP THEM OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. I know this can be easier said than done some times, but treat them like you would any poison.

Jessi

Postby Jessi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:52 am

The liquids I buy have a semi child proof cap on them so it is a little safer,
What kind do you buy? You say that it's 'semi child proof' so is it enough so that a toddler can't get into it, but a slightly older kid could intentionally open it?

Return to “Electronic Cigarette Bans, Laws, and Restrictions”