Are newspapers a thing of the past?

Talk about the things and the issues that are shaping our world today. (No bashing.)
admin
Site Admin

Are newspapers a thing of the past?

Postby admin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:55 pm

Newspapers are a relic of times past. The younger generations have become accustomed to a steady stream of news, available at all times. They get their information from sources they choose for themselves, rather than filtered through editors or reporters at a newspaper. Everything is online now. Online editions have video and audio reports in addition to written articles. Many trees will be saved with the coming newspaper extinction.

iamthestreets

Re: Are newspapers a thing of the past?

Postby iamthestreets » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:34 am

I agree that you can basically use the internet for exactly what your looking for although when I go to a deli or bagel place for some breakfast and eat there I would rather look through a newspaper than my phone. Not every place provides wifi or a device to view the news so I don't think newspaper are a thing of the past just yet.
Check out MyStreetLife for all of your entertainment needs.

MSStrob

Re: Are newspapers a thing of the past?

Postby MSStrob » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Me too. I still like newspapers and magazines. I have an iPhone and it is cool and everything, but magazines are still easier. You can't have a bubble bath and read a magazine on your iPad.

Technology is moving in a direction (smaller, cheaper, faster) that Magazines can use too. There have been LCD ads in magazines recently. Check this out:

The CW Television Network is promoting its fall lineup with a first-of-its kind print insert in the latest edition of Entertainment Weekly. The insert contains a small LCD screen that features looping video and the six latest tweets from @CW_Network beneath the words, "Follow Us Now." It appears in 1,000 copies distributed across New York and Los Angeles.

I also found this youtube video:

I know it is clunky, but it will only get better as more companies compete.
BluCigs - Rise from the Ashes

Return to “Debates & Discussions”