What does Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max have in common?

The general news section is the catch all section of the off topic forum. If it does not fit anywhere else, put it here.
admin
Site Admin

What does Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max have in common?

Postby admin » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:12 pm

MSStrob

Re: What does Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max have in commo

Postby MSStrob » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:22 pm

I am no fan of Monsanto, Pfizer or Coca Cola, but I don't see this debunked hoax as a threat. Monsanto would love us to get side-tracked and to debate this non-issue so that their Frankenseeds get forgotten.

Where's the proof about aspartame?

Critics of aspartame, such as activist "Betty Martini have promoted undocumented claims that numerous health risks (such as multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus, methanol toxicity, blindness, spasms, shooting pains, seizures, headaches, depression, anxiety, memory loss, birth defects and death are associated with the consumption of aspartame in normal doses. These health risk claims have been examined and debunked by numerous scientific research projects, and are also generally dismissed by governments and major health and food safety organizations." - Wikipedia

If Betty Martini had some evidence, this claim might be believed. Since she has no studies that show this to be a real threat to human health, my question is, "Why should I believe her? Where is the proof?"

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

Snopes, the main site to go to when debunking rumors, says that the Aspartame-poison urban legend is false. Most of the supposed facts come from a hoax email circulated in 1998 and promoted by Betty Martini's kooky joke website.

When I look this up, I find a lot of claims but no referenced studies. Most of the claims quote the hoax email word for word. I looks like the same type of crazy hysteria that surrounds vaccines.

Correlation is not causation.

I say, let's start worrying about those goddamned drones!
BluCigs - Rise from the Ashes

ecigsnet
Site Admin

Postby ecigsnet » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:44 pm

I want a camera drone. There are a lot of nudist places around here. I'd like to just fly over and take a little look at what is going on behind those big walls. :twisted:

cindyrose

What does Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max have in commo

Postby cindyrose » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't use Equal. I heard this too. Everyone knows the fake stuff is bad for you.

iamthestreets

Postby iamthestreets » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 am

This is why I don't drink soda any more. The problem is that it's everywhere and hard to avoid.
Check out MyStreetLife for all of your entertainment needs.

ecigsnet
Site Admin

Postby ecigsnet » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:43 pm

I never got hooked on soda. I can take it or leave it. I mostly see it in terms of calories. A really good cream soda, like Virgil's, has to be the non-diet kind to taste good and therefore has 300 calories in a 12 oz bottle. That's a lot of calories with no benefit at all. At least if I drink a good organic orange juice, like the one at Vons, I get some vitamins. That stuff is amazing. Since I'm aging and I don't want to be an old lady so quickly, I don't see any reason to soda except on rare occasions.

My parent's used to drink soda every day. They never drank water. Now that they are in their sixties, after drinking thousands of gallons of soda, I'm surprised that they still have teeth.

Return to “General News”