How do I clean my dirty atomizers?

Having cartomizer, cartridge, charging, battery or atomizer issues? This is the place to share your problems, tips and tricks.
PancakeMonster

How do I clean my dirty atomizers?

Postby PancakeMonster » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:16 pm

I have been having atomizer issues and I can't seem to get one to last me for more than a week's worth of vaping. Is this normal? It is a 910 atomizer and they taste burnt. They aren't cheap enough to go through them so quickly. If anyone can pitch some ideas on how to safely clean out 910 atomizers, I would appreciate it very much.
V2 Cigs - electronic cigarettes - the thickest vapor!

admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I clean my dirty atomizers?

Postby admin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Fixing Bad Taste in New Atomizers

Postby admin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:31 pm
The bad primer taste is actually unflavored 0mg of nicotine eLiquid that is used for a few reasons:

1. To ensure that the first few vape hits on the new atomizer are not dry, which could lead to damage.
2. To preserve the internal components of the atomizer and keep them rust-free.
3. Atomizers are tested at the factory and a test eLiquid (primer) is used.

Why it tastes bad -

The manufacturing residues from coatings, machine oil, traces of adhesives and sealants are what taste so bad. The first drops of eLiquid put into a new atomizer will taste bad when first heated, as it absorbs the manufacturing residues. Most of the manufacturing residues will burn off on the first several uses.

It is true that soaking and rinsing the atomizers in alcohol will reduce the chemical residues, but after the first several vape hits, the bad taste should disappear. Note that too much rinsing and soaking in alcohol will dry it out and could actually damage the atomizer, reducing its lifespan.

How to manage the problem -

1. Blow into the atomizer from the open end and collect the drainage in a paper towel. If you blow through a drip tip, you may have an even better result. This will help remove some primer eLiquid.

2. Rinse in alcohol or denture cleaner. Make sure that you only use a cleaner that is safe for human consumption. Blow the cleaner out the bottom of the atomizer into a paper towel. You can use the atomizer while it is still wet with alcohol. Do not stick a paper towel, q-tip or anything else in the atomizer in an attempt to absorb the alcohol. It will dissipate on its own.

3. Connect with the eCig battery.

4. Drip 3 or 4 drops of preferred eLiquid directly onto the bridge (tiny metal arch inside the atomizer) and vape a few times. Do not inhale or breath in the vapor, instead exhale it from your mouth.

5. Unscrew the atomizer and blow it out again onto paper towel.

6. Reattach to battery and drip a few drops onto the arch in the atomizer and vape away!

Kina

Re: How do I clean my dirty atomizers?

Postby Kina » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:23 pm

I have never really had this issue. I prime my new atomizers with flavor, then give them two hard blows into a paper towel and they are ready for vaping. I will get a burnt taste if they go dry, but adding a little flavor to them will usually remedy this.

Return to “Technical Issues and Maintenance”