Has anyone here quit cold turkey?

How did you quit smoking? What have been your greatest and worst experiences? Which product(s) did you use?
dojo

Has anyone here quit cold turkey?

Postby dojo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:28 am

I never smoked but most people I know (and in my family) did or still do, so I am pretty interested in this topic. My SO was able to quit smoking after 20 years in just few days. He came home from work, didn't smoke and then he thought he might actually stop altogether. it's been 4 years since then and he never smoked again or had the craving.

Was anyone here able to quit like this? Or did you have to work more towards this?

Jessi

Re: Has anyone here quit cold turkey?

Postby Jessi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:33 am

I have never gone through this.

My grandpa quit cold turkey, though. He smoked for 40 some odd years and never had any desire to quit. In fact, I remember that they had a banner on their front screen door to let people know that they were a smoking household...and if people didn't like it, they could stay on the porch, lol!

Fast forward, though, and he ended up with two heart attacks and then a quadruple bypass being done on his heart. He didn't quit after the heart attacks, but that surgery? I think it scared him. He had his last one the morning of the surgery (stubborn old man, ha), and never picked up another one. I'm sure it was hard, but I guess sometimes life-changing events can do things like that.

Bloom

Re: Has anyone here quit cold turkey?

Postby Bloom » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:52 am

I've gone cold turkey in the past when I was trying to quit smoking. I did it quite often. I could always quit for a week or a month or a year if I wanted to do it. Eventually some sort of stress would cause me to start smoking again. Smoking is a great stress-reliever. With ecigs, I have quit smoking dozens of times without going through the withdrawals of going cold turkey. That's the main benefit: quitting without the withdrawals. I wouldn't say that I'm a non-smoker now. I will always like the feeling vaping gives me. I find it to be very calming. This is even more true now that the economy is bad and money is tight.

Return to “Smoking Cessation Products”