Privacy Watchdog Seeks ‘Urgent’ Details of Facebook Changes

Post news and tricks about websites and software which promote online social interaction - Facebook, Twitter, etc.
ecigsnet
Site Admin

Privacy Watchdog Seeks ‘Urgent’ Details of Facebook Changes

Postby ecigsnet » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:55 pm

"Irish regulators are seeking “urgent” clarifications from Facebook Inc. (FB) after the social media company informed users of changes to its privacy policy overnight, " according to Bloomberg.com.

According to sfgate.com, "in 2009, CEO Mark Zuckerberg implemented a system that allowed users to voice concerns about changes to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (SSR) and Terms of Use by publicly posting comments supporting or opposing new measures. If the site received 7,000 comments Facebook would allow users to vote on alternatives, where a measure receiving 30 percent of support would be binding for the company."

Facebook, which is overseen by Irish data protection regulators in the European Union, said that it recently proposed changes to its data-use policy and its statement of rights and responsibilities. The changes give users more detailed information about shared data including “reminders about what’s visible to other people on Facebook.”

“We will be seeking urgent further clarification from Facebook Ireland and if we consider that the proposed changes require a specific consent from EU users we will require Facebook to do this,” Gary Davis, Ireland’s deputy data- protection commissioner, said in an e-mail today.

Vapesafecom

Re: Privacy Watchdog Seeks ‘Urgent’ Details of Facebook Chan

Postby Vapesafecom » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:09 pm

I don't really trust Facebook. If I did not need it for my job, I would never use the website. I wonder what they are planning to do with all those face recognition software results.
:
VapeSafe.com - Makers of Premium, Hand-Crafted eLiquids. We have lots of amazing flavors that you cannot get anywhere else.

williamsmith

Re: Privacy Watchdog Seeks ‘Urgent’ Details of Facebook Changes

Postby williamsmith » Wed May 17, 2017 2:05 am

I also don't like the facebook due to its bundle of check and security role. I had made a business page on my account. Through lot of struggle, i got 5000+ followers but one my page is becomes private. Why? There is no reason from the facebook.

Return to “Social Networking”