How much does it cost to start such a business?

Do you want to make money with electronic cigarettes or do you personally know the secret to making money online? Ask questions or give out advice about the eCig industry here. This section is not for non-eCig money making schemes.
dojo

How much does it cost to start such a business?

Postby dojo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:46 am

I am involved in my own web design business, but, if there's good money to be made from other sources, I'm all for it. As compared to my business (which didn't require too much funding - I needed an internet connection and a laptop, plus my brains :)), I presume that, when selling something, the budget needs to be a bit more 'permissive'.

What does it mean, financially speaking, to run such a business? Is it expensive to start selling electronic cigareettes?

Vapesafecom

Re: How much does it cost to start such a business?

Postby Vapesafecom » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:45 pm

It is quite costly. You need to build up a large amount of diverse products. There are so many different types of electronic cigarette models. You need connectors, adaptors, chargers, cartridges, atomizers, cartomizers and batteries to name a few. All of these come with different power supplies. Some batteries will get fried if put on the wrong charger. Since there are a lot of different versions of them, you have to keep up with all lot of products. You also don't know what the customer has at home. Sometimes they mix kits from different companies and you can never be sure what the end result will be.

You also need a good supply of eLiquid. If you have 30 different flavors, and each comes in 5 different strengths (no, 6mg, 11mg, 18mg, 24mg) and all are available in five different bottle sizes (3ml, 5ml, 10ml, 15ml, 30ml) and you have the options of both glass and plastic bottles, you need 1,500 different packages just to have one of each.

We did that in the beginning, but it became impossible for a small company like ours to coordinate it without raising our prices to hire new staff and to carry more products in our inventory. Now we limit our strengths, bottle sizes and flavors. We sell out of different products at different times and replace them with others. Eventually, we will be able to have cases and cases of everything, but for now we try to keep the most popular items in stock. We also do specialty orders.

It took all the money we had in the world and then some more to get started. It's fun work, but super risky in California. They are not know to be eCig friendly.
:
VapeSafe.com - Makers of Premium, Hand-Crafted eLiquids. We have lots of amazing flavors that you cannot get anywhere else.

Return to “Electronic Cigarette Business Tips and Information”