What can happen to you if you set the nicotine level high?

Nicotine is a poison and electronic cigarettes are used to vaporize it. That can be a problem if done incorrectly. Post your electronic cigarette health tips, safety concerns and nicotine warnings here.
dojo

What can happen to you if you set the nicotine level high?

Postby dojo » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:38 am

From what I know nicotine is not exactly amazingly healthy, so I presume an increased level wouldn't be too desirable. Have you ever set the nicotine level too high? What happened in this case? Were you sick? Or?

Kina

Re: What can happen to you if you set the nicotine level hig

Postby Kina » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Well, Nicotine is not that bad for you. It carries the same risk as caffeine. However pure nicotine can kill you by just getting on your skin. If you intake to much nicotine, you can become nauseous, and jittery but that will fade. As for long term health effects, the only thing that nicotine will damage is hardening of the arteries. But there are plenty of other things that will do that also.

Ciggs are not bad for you because of the nicotine, it is all the other crap in them. The nicotine is just what keeps you smoking them

s3james

Postby s3james » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:09 am

Nicotine can become a cause of lungs cancer. It affects our health so badly, nicotine also affect to stomach.
DON'T LET THE PAST STEAL YOUR PRESENT.
James John
125cc scooters

Kina

Postby Kina » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:29 pm

s3james wrote:Nicotine can become a cause of lungs cancer. It affects our health so badly, nicotine also affect to stomach.
This entire post in untrue.....

Jessi

Postby Jessi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:32 am

s3james wrote:Nicotine can become a cause of lungs cancer.
As Kina said, that is incorrect. Tobacco does contain agents that cause cancer. Nicotine isn't what causes it, though. It does, however, make cancerous cells grow rapidly, so if you already have lung cancer, it can make it spread faster.
nicotine also affect to stomach.
This part is true. If you already stuff from things like IBS, ulcers, heartburn, etc, then nicotine does cause issues. It caused an over-stimulation of the stomach, so it can exacerbate other issues that already exist.

Bloom

Postby Bloom » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:46 am

Nicotine definitely affects the stomach if you get too much.

Have you ever heard a smoker say after a day of drinking and smoking, "Oh, I smoked too much." That's the advantage of smoking a cigarette. Smoking is such an unpleasant experience, most people stop at about 20 cigarettes a day. It just burns the throat too much to smoke any more than that.

That's different with the smooth, cool vapor of an electronic cigarette. You can just keep on vaping and vaping. Without the pain of burning cigarette ash in your throat to slow you down, you literally can vape all day without being aware of how much nicotine that you are getting. I've done this with some 36mg bottles of e-liquid. The end result was that had I mild nicotine overdose. I was severely sick to my stomach (vomiting) and quite shaky. It was very similar to the feeling the first time I smoked a cigarette. It lasted about two hours and then I was feeling better again. I don't suggest using 36mg e-liquid and then chain vaping. Nicotine can really make you ill if abused.

Moria

Postby Moria » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:30 pm

I haven't had this problem. I have been using pre-filled cartridges and I have never become nauseous. I'm using 16mg from Blucigs. Well, they might be 16mg. They sell as 13-16mg in strength. I always feel like I need more. I have never felt like I've smoked too much.

Kina

Postby Kina » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:17 am

Bloom wrote:Nicotine definitely affects the stomach if you get too much.

Have you ever heard a smoker say after a day of drinking and smoking, "Oh, I smoked too much." That's the advantage of smoking a cigarette. Smoking is such an unpleasant experience, most people stop at about 20 cigarettes a day. It just burns the throat too much to smoke any more than that.

That's different with the smooth, cool vapor of an electronic cigarette. You can just keep on vaping and vaping. Without the pain of burning cigarette ash in your throat to slow you down, you literally can vape all day without being aware of how much nicotine that you are getting. I've done this with some 36mg bottles of e-liquid. The end result was that had I mild nicotine overdose. I was severely sick to my stomach (vomiting) and quite shaky. It was very similar to the feeling the first time I smoked a cigarette. It lasted about two hours and then I was feeling better again. I don't suggest using 36mg e-liquid and then chain vaping. Nicotine can really make you ill if abused.
I see your point here, but if I get more nicotine from vaping than I do from 20 cigs, I can live with that. In the overall scheme of things 20 cigs is far more detrimental to your health than vaping all day IMO.

I can vape all I want and not get nauseous or stomach pain, but a night of drinking and smoking leaves me waking up feeling like a bomb went off in my chest.

williamsmith

Re: What can happen to you if you set the nicotine level high?

Postby williamsmith » Wed May 17, 2017 2:08 am

It proves dangerous for health....

Return to “Health and Safety”